2-day TPRS© Workshop Description
- Day 1 consists of the following:
- Introduction to TPRS Power Point Slides
- Presenter demonstration — Oral story (step 1)
- Demonstration & Group Practice on “Circling”, or Asking Repetitive Questions
- Presenter demonstration — Movie Talk
- Demonstration & Group Practice on how to teach an Oral Story with TPRS©
Day 2 consists of the following:
- Continuation of Group Practice on how to teach an Oral Story with TPRS©
- Presenter demonstration — Read and discuss a written story (step 2)
- Group practice with the reading.
- Presenter demonstration — How to teach a novella.
- TPRS© in School Power Point Presentation (info on lesson planning, grading, homework, timed writings, classroom management, etc.)
3-day TPRS© Workshop Description
The 3-day Workshops include everything from days 1 & 2 of the 2-day description above, but also include the following:
Additional time for group teaching and coaching of both steps of TPRS©, the Oral Story (step #1) and Read and discuss (step #2). This additional time allows for teachers to see and practice the method in greater detail.